500gm lamb – cut into 2 inch cubes
2½ tablespoon ghee
½ tablespoon of chili powder
3 onions – sliced thinly
1 cinnamon stick, 2 cardamon pods, 2 clove
1 cup plain yogurt
2 tomatoes – quartered
1 cup of cashew nuts
2 clove garlic
½ inch ginger – sliced
2 tablespoons fresh cilantro for garnish, finely
1½ heap tablespoon korma curry powder
Salt to taste
- Grind the cashew nuts, garlic and ginger into paste using the blender or pestle & mortar.
- Melt the ghee and when it turns hot, add the dry spices (cinnamon, clove and cardamon pods) and
follow by the onions. Fry till the onion is brown
- Add the korma curry powder, the ground paste and chili powder. Stir fry till all is mix well and the oil starts to separates from the paste. Add the meat.
- Bring the curry to a boil and then decrease the heat to medium low .
- When the meat is almost cook, add the tomatoes and yogurt.
- Cover and simmer on low flame till the meat is very tender. Serve with hot steam rice