Nothing beats a glass of chilled refreshing Lemongrass Pandan drink on a hot season like these. Lemongrass & Pandan (screwpine leave) are easily obtain in any Asian or wet markets at your neighborhood and all you need is just 3 ingredients! A nice change from the usual ice tea. Try it and let me know what you think!
4 – 6 stalks of lemongrass (depending on the size)
2 pieces of pandan (screwpine) leaves
1 litre of water
Rock sugar to taste
1. Cut of the half of the top part and the bottom tip of the lemongrass and remove any loose
2. Wash the lemongrass and then pound the end part of the lemongrass to release the
fragrance. Leave aside.
3. Wash the screwpine leave and tie it in a knot.
4. Bring the water to boil in a pot, add in the lemongrass and screwpine leave. Cover the pot
and allow it to simmer in low fire for 30 minutes.
5. 10 minutes before it is done, add the rock sugar according to taste and allow it to dissolve.
6. Once ready, off the heat and strain the tea before drinking.