3 nos Scad/Mackerel
300g Grated Fresh coconut
3 tbsp Sambal Belachan
3 Kaffir Lime Leaf
1 tbsp Tamarind Paste
2 tsp Salt
1 tbsp Turmeric Powder
2 -3 pcs of pandan leaves
1. Slit the fish from its back or dorsal fin to create a pocket. Clean the inside and rinse.
2. Rub the fish with the tamarind then season with salt and turmeric and set aside.
3. Peel and slice the shallots. In a bowl add the coconut and the sliced shallots. Stir in the sambal and salt to taste
4. Slice the kaffir lime leaves thinly and add it in. Spoon this mix into the fish.
5. Wrap the fish with some pandan leaves and shallow
fry till crisp and brown on the outside.