250 gm of sago pearls
250 gm of palm sugar
300 ml of coconut milk
2 screwpine leaves (Pandan) tie in a knot
750ml + 3 tbsp of water
A pinch of salt
- Bring water in a medium pot to boil and add in sago. Cook about 10 minutes until sago pearls become translucent (no more white dot in the middle) and stir constantly.
- The water will turn starchy, strain the sago in a sieve and wash away excess starch in running cold water.
- Scoop sago pearls into individual small glasses and put in the fridge to chill.
- In a small pot, pour in coconut milk with the pandan leaf and a pinch of salt. Boil at low heat and stir constantly. When it starts to boil, remove from heat and strain into a bowl then set aside to cool.
- In another saucepan, melt the gula melaka with 2 tablespoons of water on a low heat. Once become it become syrup, set aside to chill.
- Serve sago with drizzle of palm sugar syrup and coconut milk.